Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trolley Tour Photo Post

Yesterday I hopped onto a trolley tour run by Old Town Trolley Tours. There are several stops on the tour where you can hop off the trolley and get back on another one later. I stopped at three places. First, I hopped off at the Hotel del Coronado on Coronado Island where exterior shots of "Some Like it Hot" were filmed.

Here's an interior shot of the old hotel -

Hotel Exterior -

Coronado Beach -
Waves crashing on rocks at Coronado Beach -
I hopped back onto the trolley and got back off at Balboa Park to see some more of the gardens.
Japanese Garden -
Orchids in the Botanical Building -
Monarch outside of the Botanical Building -

Last stop was in Old Town San Diego. My favorite place so far on this trip is the Casa de Estudillo -




Walking around Old Town was really fun.
This is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen -a self-playing piano with a weird puppet -
Candle Dipping -
Old Town is like a giant Mexican market.
Hummingbird Feeders and such -
Clothing -
Pottery -

Adobe Blockyard Demonstration -
Wagon -
I met up with John for dinner. Best dinner we've had yet from Royal Thai. :-p
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment